Any business is only as good as its people and HR management is about creating successful businesses through people. Next Steps can help you ensure you’ve got the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles, at the right time, at the right price.
We have the expertise to guide you through the minefield of employment legislation and help you make the right recruitment, retention, development, restructuring and dismissal decisions whilst adhering to current best practice and remaining compliant yet competitive.
Effective HR practices enable organisations to create value through their people. Let us help you do just that. The HR professionals at Next Steps have worked at every level, both operational and strategic, in a vast array of industries and are qualified members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
Effective people management is critical to every business, large and small, whatever sector they’re in. With people being the single largest cost, ensuring they are and remain the single largest asset can be quite a challenge. The employment relationship can be subject to complex and ever changing legislation which requires expertise and a practical, common sense application in today’s demanding business environment.
That’s where we can help. Next Steps can:
- Work with you in supporting your existing HR function, thus freeing them up to be more proactive
- Ensure your HR strategy remains fit to deliver your business objectives
- Provide an expert and highly experienced outsourced HR function
- Ensure you remain fully compliant with all UK and European HR legislation
- Step in to pick up any unexpected people issues so you can continue to focus on your business
- Provide guidance and support with recruitment, selection and retention
- Prepare or update contract documents, terms and conditions, policies and procedures
- Advise and manage disciplinary, grievance, absence issues
- Devise and implement effective employee satisfaction and engagement initiatives
- Advise in the area of pay reviews, performance related pay, performance reviews
All policies are updated centrally using our TeamWorks software so your policies and procedures are always up to date and compliant. In addition, each individual member of your business can read your policies and procedures and undertake an online assessment on subjects deemed mandatory such as Health and Safety, Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, to demonstrate their understanding. This enables you to keep a record of the learning that has taken place and to demonstrate compliance to a third party if required, for example the Health & Safety Executive, Care Quality Commission or Financial Conduct Authority.